Anchovy and Potato Savory Tart Cooking Recipe – Tortiera Di Allci E Patate Recipe
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
- 1 lb. (500 g) of potatoes
- 1 lb. 5 oz. (600 g) fresh or canned anchovies
- A few basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. (500 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ⅓ cup ( ⅔ oz./20 g) fresh bread crumbs
- Olive oil
- One 10 in. (24 cm) tart mold
- Wash and chop the basil. Peel and crush the garlic.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into very thin slices.
- Clean the anchovies and fillet them.
- If using canned anchovies, drain them.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line the tart mold with parchment paper.
- Season the potato slices with salt, olive oil, oregano, and the garlic.
- Arrange the slices on the base of the mold.
- Fan the anchovy fillets out on top and season with the oregano and a drizzle of oil.
- Arrange the cherry tomato halves on the anchovies, season with salt, and sprinkle over the basil.
- Cover liberally with the bread crumbs and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Suggested food/wine match
- Rivera, Fedora—Castel del Monte DOC
If the tart browns too rapidly while cooking, cover it with a sheet of foil until fully cooked.
You can replace the anchovies with small sardines if they are more readily available.