Cream of Trombetta Zucchini with Cuttlefish Ink and Candied Lemon Zest Cooking Recipe
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 lb. (1 kg) zucchini, preferably Trombetta
- 14 oz. (400 g) cuttlefish
- 2 shallots
- 1 leek
- 2 ⅓ cups (550 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- A ladle of fish stock
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- Scant 1 cup (200 ml) water
- ½ cup (3 ½ oz./100 g) sugar
- 1 sprig of fresh dill
- A few rosemary flower
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Clean and dice the zucchini Boil them in salted water with the shallots until cooked.
- Clean and dice the cuttlefish.
- Remove the ink sacs and set aside.
- Chop the leek finely and soften in a skillet with a tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Add the cuttlefish; cook for a few minutes then add the ink mixed with the fish stock.
- Season with salt and let cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- To prepare the candied lemon zest, cut the peel into julienne and add to a small saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes (it should remain slightly bitter), then drain.
- Prepare a syrup by boiling the water with the sugar, add the drained zest and cook until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Finish preparing the cream by mixing the drained zucchini and shallots with some of the cooking liquid using a stick blender, and drizzle in the remaining olive oil.
- Serve the cream of zucchini in soup plates.
- Add a spoonful of cuttlefish, a sprig of dill, some candied zest, and rosemary flowers.