Whether it’s the laboratory or the kitchen, it’s all about experimenting until you reach the perfect formulation! It’s all about the correct technique and the experience that comes from practice. The specialty of Indian cooking is that even if you give the same ingredients and the same recipe to different people, the taste of the food prepared by them will be different in all. This is because of the spices involved in Indian cooking.
Spices contain volatile oils that give them a distinctive aroma and taste. All spices contain volatile oils, and the roasting and cooking method helps the spices release volatile oils. The amount of volatile oil released can increase or decrease the flavor of food. The way you cook, the cooking time, and even the type of flame, low, medium, or high, can all affect the taste of the food. You just need to know the right technique which will make the food most delicious.
In the following cooking recipes, you will learn all the techniques to make your food flavorsome. Once you master the techniques, you can start experimenting and doing some additions and omissions in the recipes as per your taste.
Delicious Healthy Eating Recipes for Disease Prevention and Control
- Introduction to Healthy Cooking Recipes for Disease Prevention and Control
- Add-on Recipes to Prepare Main Dish – Masala
- Add-on Recipes to Prepare Main Dish – Milk Products & Chutney
- Recipes to Boost Immunity – Green Tea, Dry Fruits Milk & Tulsi Summer Drink
- Recipes to Boost Immunity – Bell Pepper Chutney & Methi Pyaz Paratha
- Recipes to Boost Immunity – Sprouted Mung Bean Subji, Stuffed Bell Pepper & Sweet Potato Burfi
- Recipes for Maximum Health Benefits – Ginger Green Iced Tea, 7 Anaj with Khunua & Mixed Sprouts
- Recipes for Maximum Health Benefits – Sprouts, Fruit Chaat & Mushroom in Spinach Gravy
- Recipes for Maximum Health Benefits – Winter Curry & Masala Mixed Dal
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Diabetes – Amla Pickle, Amla Chutney & Palak Paratha
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Diabetes – Multigrain Methi Puri & Almond Crackers
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Diabetes – Pyaz wale Karele & Mung Litti Chokha
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Diabetes – Methi Matar in White Gravy & Karela Kalonji
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Diabetes – Non-Fried Oats Bhature & Chole Masala
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Diabetes – Anjeer Kaju Katli & Lauki ki Kheer
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Hypertension – Cucumber Jaljeera & Banana Choco Milk Shake
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Hypertension – Garlici Sweet Potato & Beetroot Paratha
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Hypertension – Mixed Veg Raita, Cucumber Salad & Rajma
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Hypertension – Mixed Veg Pulao & Dal Fry Palak Wale
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Hypertension – Chocolate Shrikhand & Red Velvet Halwa
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Arthritis – Mulethi Flerbal Chai & Grilled Mushrooms
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Arthritis – Oats Walnut Namkeen & Flax Seeds Spread
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Arthritis – Mushroom Walnut Soup & Instant Turmeric Pickle
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Arthritis – Horse Gram Dry Masala & Soybean Masala
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Arthritis – Horse Gram Dal Fry & Cabbage Dry Fruit Roll
- Recipes to Prevent and Control Arthritis – Walnut Chia Seeds Pudding & Flax Seeds Laddoo
Eat Food to Boost Immunity
As we have covered the immunity-boosting superfoods in detail, we will now see how you can incorporate those superfoods into your diet. These recipes focus on foods that boost immunity as well as superfoods that have therapeutic and medicinal effects on the body. The superfoods on which the recipes are based:
- Green tea.
- Herbs that have therapeutic effects: Turmeric, fenugreek seeds, and basil leaves.
- Nutrient-dense vegetables and legumes: Sweet potato and mung sprouts.
- Vitamin C-rich foods: Red and green bell pepper.
- Foods rich in vitamin A: Sweet potato.
- Omega-3 fats and zinc-rich foods: Cashew nuts, almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, etc.
Eat Food for Maximum Health Benefits
Nutrients need to be adequately absorbed into the body to provide health benefits. Some nutrients are rapidly eliminated from your body without being absorbed, and you don’t get their health benefits. Various factors affect the absorption of nutrients. Foods require a favorable environment and the presence of specific vitamins and minerals inside the body to be absorbed. If the foods aren’t absorbed into your body, you don’t get the health benefits. Fortunately, you can increase the absorption of food by combining it with other foods that provide the necessary environment for their absorption and inhibit their metabolism. As a result, nutrients are more available to be absorbed into the bloodstream, and you get maximum health benefits from them. Above are recipes of nutrient combinations that provide maximum health benefits when eaten together.
Eat Food to Prevent and Control Diabetes
Diabetes is a chronic disease in which the body either does not produce insulin or does not use insulin effectively, resulting in high blood sugar levels. A healthy diet plays an important role in preventing and managing diabetes. Controlling diabetes isn’t just about avoiding foods that can increase your blood sugar levels. It is also about choosing the right foods which naturally prevent and control diabetes.
Healthy Alternatives to Prevent and Control Diabetes:
Replace Potatoes with Sweet Potatoes:
Sweet potatoes have a sweeter taste than potatoes and give the false impression that they increase sugar levels much faster than potatoes. But this is not true. The glycemic index of sweet potatoes is lower than that of potatoes. This is because the carbohydrates present in sweet potatoes are different than in potatoes. Carbohydrates in potatoes are quickly broken down and converted into sugar, causing a sudden spike in blood sugar levels.
On the other hand, the carbohydrates present in sweet potatoes slowly convert to sugar. So, sugar releases into the blood slowly and does not cause a sudden spike in blood sugar levels. This makes sweet potatoes safe for diabetic people when consumed in moderation.
Replace Sugar with Dried Fruits:
Using dried fruits in place of sugar is a healthy option for people with diabetes. Dried fruits are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and healthy monounsaturated fats. When consumed in moderation, dried fruits such as dates (2-3 a day), raisins (2 tbsp a day), and figs can be safely used to sweeten desserts. However, each person may be in a different stage of diabetes. Depending on your diabetic condition, your doctor can tell you exactly how many dried fruits you should eat in a day, so consult your doctor to find out the right amount for you. Dried fruits are being used as a substitute for sugar in the following recipes. If it is not suitable for you, replace it with artificial sweetener or do as suggested by your doctor.
The recipes in this category are based on superfoods that have therapeutic effects and help prevent and control diabetes through the following mechanism of action:
- Foods that mimic the action of insulin: Bitter gourd.
- Foods that increase glucose-induced insulin release: Fenugreek.
- Foods that are high in dietary fiber: Bottle gourd and fenugreek.
- Foods that reduce the risk of insulin resistance: Bottle gourd, chickpeas, and green peas.
- Foods that increase glucose metabolism and enhance insulin sensitivity: Bottle gourd, bitter gourd, and Indian gooseberry.
- Zinc-rich foods: Cashew nuts, sesame seeds, chickpeas, and oats.
- Monounsaturated fats-rich foods: Olive oil and dry fruits.
- Foods that increase the fat-burning hormone adiponectin in the body: Olive oil, chickpeas, and green peas.
- Foods that reduce oxidative stress in the body and control diabetic complications: Indian gooseberry.
Eat Food to Prevent and Control Hypertension
Blood pressure is the measure of the force of blood against blood vessel walls. The blood pressure increases when the force of blood against the artery walls is too high, and this condition is known as hypertension or high blood pressure. To prevent and control hypertension, your diet should be rich in foods that have the following therapeutic effects:
- Foods that have diuretic effects.
- Foods that have potent vasodilating properties.
- Foods rich in magnesium as magnesium is a natural calcium channel blocker.
- Foods rich in potassium because potassium negates the sodium effect.
- Foods that keep nitric oxide levels high in your body.
Superfoods that prevent and control hypertension are:
- Vasodilator: Beetroot and garlic.
- Diuretics: Cucumber and lemon.
- Magnesium-rich foods: Spinach, kidney beans, pumpkin seeds, pistachios, and sweet potato.
- Potassium-rich foods: Cucumber, sweet potato, kidney beans, banana, spinach, and curd.
- Foods that increase nitric oxide production in the body: Beetroot, honey, and pumpkin seeds.
These recipes help you include superfoods in your diet that help prevent and manage hypertension effectively.
Eat Food to Prevent and Control Arthritis
Arthritis is a joint disorder characterized by swelling with stiffness and joint pain. To prevent and control arthritis, your diet should be rich in foods that have the following activities:
- Foods that reduce inflammation.
- Foods that have potent antioxidant properties.
- Foods that modulate immune activity.
- Foods that balance the gut microbiome.
These recipes help you include superfoods in your diet that have therapeutic effects and help prevent and manage arthritic conditions effectively.
Superfoods that prevent and control arthritis are:
- Foods that reduce inflammation in the body through their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties: Turmeric, horse gram, walnuts, mushrooms, and licorice root.
- Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids: Flax seeds, chia seeds, and soybean.
- Foods rich in calcium: Chia seeds, sesame, and soybean.
- Foods rich in vitamin K: Soybean, cabbage, and nuts.
- Pre-biotics foods that increase the good bacteria and crowd out pro-inflammatory bacteria in the gut: Oats, garlic, onion, soybean, flax seeds, almonds, and cocoa powder.
- Although soybeans are high in omega-3 fats, vitamin K, and calcium, all of which are important for bone health, they are also high in omega-6 fats that have pro-inflammatory effects when consumed in high amounts. Therefore, consume soybeans in moderation.
- Don’t eat too much licorice, especially if your blood pressure is already high. Licorice in excess can increase blood pressure.
Everyone’s taste is different. Some like to eat spicy while some prefer mild. Some like to eat gravy, some like dry, and some like curry. All these tastes have been taken care of in these cooking recipes. You will find all types of food like gravy, dry, and curry in the cooking recipes, and the spiciness is kept medium. You can adjust the spiciness according to your taste. Apart from this, healthy sweets, snacks, beverages, and tangy dishes are also included in the cooking recipes, which are delicious as well as nutritious.
Indian cooking requires very few store-bought items, and the ones that are required can be easily made at home. You will be surprised to know how easily your store-bought items can be made at home. All the recipes in these dishes are made from scratch. These simple and cost-effective ways can have a tremendous positive impact on your health.
These cooking recipes help reduce your dependence on drugs. It explains foods that boost your immunity, superfoods that can protect you from chronic diseases, foods that reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in your body, and food combinations that can help you maximize health benefits.
Delicious Healthy Eating Recipes for Disease Prevention tells you everything you need to know about the three most common chronic diseases—diabetes, high blood pressure, and arthritis. What foods and lifestyle choices should you avoid and adopt to prevent these diseases? How do your medicines work? What exactly happens in your body in these diseases, and what should be your strategy to prevent and control them? What superfoods mimic your drug’s mechanism of action and help lower your blood pressure and sugar levels? What are the key points you should follow to prevent arthritis and get rid of it?
Each recipe in these cooking methods includes one or more superfoods. In these cooking recipes, you learned about the powerful superfoods you should be eating every day. But adding them to your diet doesn’t have to be boring. You don’t need to eat them forcefully just for the sake of health. These cooking recipes bring you many delicious and mouth-watering recipes of superfoods that you can eat anytime, any day. These dishes will satisfy your taste buds as well as strengthen your immunity and protect you from chronic diseases with their therapeutic effects.
Here you will find out how you can boost your immunity with delicious foods. Certain foods become more nutritious when combined with other foods because they increase the absorption of nutrients into the bloodstream, giving you maximum health benefits. These dishes provide several tempting recipes for combining the ideal nutrients so that you can get the maximum health benefits from them.
These cooking methods have dedicated recipes for diabetes, high blood pressure, and arthritis. You’ll learn how to incorporate superfoods into your diet that work in the same way as your medications and naturally prevent and control these diseases so that you can reduce the dosage of your medicines as well as the side effects associated with them. This way, your body heals faster than it typically would. Get ready for a healthy tomorrow!