Lamb with Mint Cooking Recipe – Agnello Alla Menta Recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Marinating time: 1-2 hours
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 1 lb. 12 oz. (800 g) lamb leg or shoulder
- 1 ⅔ cups (400 ml) wine vinegar
- Scant ¼ cup (50 ml) olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Scant cup (200 ml) white wine
- Salt, peppercorns
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- Scant Vz cup (100 ml) olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Cut the lamb into cubes. Marinate for 1 to 2 hours with the vinegar, a pinch of salt, and a few peppercorns.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Drain the pieces of lamb, and brown them with the rosemary in the olive oil in an ovenproof casserole.
- Moisten with the wine, then cook in the oven for 1 hour.
Prepare the pesto.
- Squeeze the orange to extract 4 tablespoons of juice, stir in the sugar, and let dissolve.
- Peel the garlic, then chop it finely with the mint.
- Mix with the olive oil and the orange juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the lamb from the oven, mix the pieces with the mint pesto while still hot, and serve immediately.
Suggested food/wine match
- Morgante, Don Antonio Nero d’Avoid—Sicily IGT