Linguine with Spiny Lobster Cooking Recipe – Linguine Con I’aragosta Recipe
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Pasta cooking time: follow packet instructions
- 1 to 2 spiny lobsters, weighing 2-2 ½ lb. (1-1.2 kg) in total
- 14-16 oz. (400-500 g) linguine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lb. (500 g) cherry tomatoes
- 3 basil leaves
- A few sprigs of parsley
- 1 Thai/bird (bird’s eye) chili (to taste)
- Scant ½ cup (100 ml) brandy
- Olive oil
- Bring a saucepan of water with a bay leaf to a boil and immerse the live spiny lobster; cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove and place it on a chopping board with a groove, to collect the juices while it is being cut up.
- Peel the tail of the lobster and cut it into pieces, then, using a knife, split the head in two.
- Keep the juices to add flavor to the sauce.
- Peel and chop the onion. Peel the garlic and cut into small pieces.
- Wash the tomatoes and halve them.
- Wash the basil leaves.
- Wash the parsley, remove the stalks, and chop the leaves.
- Chop or crumble the chili.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil, ready to cook the pasta.
- Fry the garlic and onion in olive oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add the pieces of spiny lobster with their juices and cook for a few minutes.
- Deglaze with the brandy and add the tomatoes, basil, and chili; season with salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Time the cooking of the linguine to coincide with serving the dish.
- Drain and mix it with the sauce and the parsley in the skillet.
- Serve immediately.
Suggested food/wine match
- Cantina Santadi, Villa di Chiesa—Valll di Porto Pino IGT
You can replace the spiny lobster with langoustine/scampi (Nephrops norvegicus).