Orange and Fennel Salad Cooking Recipe – Insalata D’arance E Finocchi Recipe
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Marinating time: 15 minutes
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 5 oranges
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup (1 ½ oz./40 g) pitted black olives
- Salt, pepper
- Clean the fennel bulbs and slice them as thinly as possible.
- Remove all the peel and pith from the oranges and separate them into segments.
- Prepare an emulsion with the olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the orange segments and fennel slices with the emulsion. Add the olives.
- Marinate for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Suggested food/wine match
- Cusumano, Insolia—Sicily IGT