Recipes to Prevent and Control Hypertension – Chocolate Shrikhand & Red Velvet Halwa
Chocolate Shrikhand Cooking Recipe
Preparation time: 12 hours
- Fresh thick curd: 2L
- Honey: To taste
- Dark chocolate pieces: 4 tbsp
- Cocoa powder: 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence: ½ tsp
- Dark chocolate shaves: 2 tbsp
- Tie thick curd in a muslin cloth and hang it in a tap or any other place overnight or for 6-7 hours.
- Take out the hung curd in a bowl. Blend it with a spoon or hand blender to make it smooth.
- Mix cocoa powder, honey, and vanilla essence in the hung curd.
- Take shrikhand in a muslin cloth and pass the shrikhand through muslin cloth by squeezing the muslin cloth. Alternatively, pass the shrikhand through a sieve to make it smooth.
- Add the chocolate pieces and mix well. Refrigerate it for 3-4 hours.
- Take out Shrikhand in individual serving bowls. Decorate with chocolate shavings. Keep the bowl in the refrigerator for half an hour and enjoy Chocolate Shrikhand after lunch.
Red Velvet Halwa Cooking Recipe
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Grated Beetroot: 300 g
- Jaggery: 50 g
- Chopped mixed nuts: 2 tbsp
- Milk: 500 ml
- Desiccated coconut: 6 tbsp
- Ghee: ½ tsp
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add chopped nuts and roast till they start releasing a pleasant aromatic smell. Make sure to stir continuously; otherwise, nuts will burn. Take out the nuts and keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add milk and bring it to a boil. Keep boiling till the milk thickens slightly (about 5-7 minutes on high flame).
- Add grated beetroot to the milk. Keep the flame medium-high and let it cook till all milk evaporates. Keep stirring it to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan. It will take about 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the milk has reduced to about 90%, it will look like a slurry. Add jaggery and desiccated coconut at this stage.
- Cook for 5 minutes till the beetroot absorbs all the milk and starts leaving the pan. Turn off the flame. Add all nuts and mix well.
- Serve hot or refrigerate for 3 hours and enjoy the Red Velvet Halwa.