Scampi au Gratin Cooking Recipe – Scampi Gratinati Recipe
This is an original recipe by the Roman Ada Boni. Her cookbook 11 Talismano della Felicita. (The Talisman of Happiness) was published for the first time in 1929 and is still considered a definitive reference on classic Italian cuisine.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Marinating time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
- 6 ½ lb. (3 kg) medium-sized langoustines
- 1 cup (250 ml) cognac
- Olive oil
- 1 ⅔ cups (3 ½ oz./100 g) bread crumbs
- 1 lemon
- Salt, pepper
- Clean the langoustines, then split the shell along the underside and open them up, taking care that they remain in one piece.
- Marinate in the cognac for 1 hour.
- Drain them and place on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season the langoustines with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, just long enough for them to brown nicely.
- Serve them hot, with lemon wedges.
Suggested food/wine match
SergioMottura, Latoura Civltella—Grechetto dl Clvitella of Agliano IGT