Shrimp Alla Vesuviana Cooking Recipe – Gamberi Alla Vesuviana Recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 12 shrimp
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- A few sprigs of parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Thai/bird (bird’s eye) chili (to taste) or pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) white wine
- Rinse the shrimp in cold water and wipe dry with paper towel.
- Wash and peel the carrot and onion, and chop.
- Wash the parsley, remove the stalks, and chop.
- Soften the carrot and onion in a skillet with the olive oil and chili (or pepper).
- Add the shrimp and let them color.
- Add the parsley, season with salt, and deglaze with the wine.
- Cook for an additional S to 8 minutes (depending on the size of the shrimp) and serve.
Suggested food/wine match
- Grotta del Sole, Lacryma Christi bianco del Vesuvio DOC
Add a few candied tomatoes at the same time as the chopped parsley. You can also use this recipe as a sauce for linguine.