Recipes to Prevent and Control Arthritis – Mulethi Flerbal Chai & Grilled Mushrooms
Mulethi Herbal Chai Cooking Recipe
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Licorice root: 2 inches
- Cinnamon stick: 1 inch
- Ginger: 1½ inches
- Ashwagandha root: 2 inches
- Black Pepper: 8
- Water: 800 ml
- Crush ginger, cinnamon, and black pepper using a pestle.
- Add crushed herbs, licorice root, and ashwagandha root in water.
- Bring it to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes on medium flame till water reduces to 600 ml.
- Strain the tea. The licorice root is enough to make tea sweet. No sweetener is needed to be added to it. Drink hot Mulethi Herbal Chai.
Fennel Chia Seeds Milk Shake Cooking Recipe
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Skimmed milk: 1 L
- Honey: If required
- Water: 80 ml
- Fennel: 5 tbsp
- Almonds: 100 g
- Chia seeds: 2 tbsp
- Soak chia seeds in 80 ml water overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Soak almonds in hot water for half an hour. Remove the skin and blend it with milk (about 40 ml-60 ml) to make a thick cream. Keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set the cream.
- Wash the fennel seeds thoroughly. Dry on a kitchen towel for 20 minutes. Finely grind the fennel seeds.
- Bring the milk to a boil. Turn the flame to low. Add fennel seeds powder and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down. Strain the milk. Add honey, mix well and chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Add almond cream into individual glasses. Add a spoonful of soaked chia seeds. Pour fennel milk and enjoy refreshing Fennel Chia Seeds Milk Shake.
Grilled Mushrooms Cooking Recipe
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Button mushrooms: 600 g
- Red chili powder: ¼ tsp
- Salt: To taste
- Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil: 2½ tbsp
- Wash the mushrooms thoroughly and cut them into half an inch. Sprinkle salt, red chili powder, and black pepper powder.
- Add oil and mix well. Spread the mushroom pieces on the baking tray. Make sure they do not overlap each other. If the quantity is more, grill/bake in 2 batches.
- If you have grill function in your oven, grill the mushrooms in 2 batches for 15 minutes. Alternatively, bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 15 minutes.