Pasta with Swordfish Cooking Recipe – Pasta Alla Spada Recipe
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 14-16 oz. (400-500 g) paccheri pasta
- 8 oz. (250 g) swordfish
- 7 oz. (200 g) cherry tomatoes
- A few fresh basil leaves
- A few mint leaves
- 1 chili
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 1 onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Scant ½ cup (100 ml) white wine
- Salt, pepper
- Pasta cooking time: follow packet instructions
- Clean the swordfish and cut the flesh into cubes.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Wash the basil, remove the stalks, and cut up the leaves.
- Remove some mint leaves from their stalks.
- Chop or crumble the chili.
- Wash the eggplant and cut into small cubes.
- Lightly brown the almonds in a dry skillet over the heat.
- Peel the onion and chop it, then soften in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Add the tomato halves, the basil, and the chili.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water (see the packet instructions).
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute the eggplant in a second tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Remove the eggplant with a slotted spoon, and then saute the swordfish and the unpeeled garlic clove in the same pan with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Deglaze with the wine and leave to cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Mix the swordfish with the eggplant and tomatoes in a bowl with the pasta.
- Decorate with a few mint leaves and almonds.
Suggested food/wine match
- Cusumano, Cubia Insolia—Sicily IGT