Recipes to Prevent and Control Arthritis – Mushroom Walnut Soup & Instant Turmeric Pickle
Mushroom Walnut Soup Cooking Recipe
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Sliced button mushroom: 500 g
- Garlic: 16-20 cloves
- Onion: 2 medium
- Cloves: 4
- Black pepper powder: ½ tsp
- Curd: 2 tbsp
- Sesame oil: 2tbsp
- Walnut kernels: 20
- Ginger: 1½ inches
- Sesame seeds: 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder: ¼-½ tsp
- Rock salt: To taste
- Water: 1500 ml
- Heat sesame oil in a pan. Add walnuts to it. Roast for 5 minutes or until they begin to change color. Remove walnuts from heat.
- Roughly crush walnuts with the help of a pestle. Alternatively, grind 1 or 2 times in pulse mode. Do not grind walnuts to a fine powder, this will make walnuts bitter. Keep aside.
- In the same oil, add sesame seeds and cloves. When they start crackling, add chopped ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped onion and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add rock salt and black pepper powder. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes. Take out 10 mushroom pieces for garnishing.
- Add 250 ml of water and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- When water is somewhat reduced, add another 250 ml of water. Bring it to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn the flame to low and add curd. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add another 250 ml of water. Bring it to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes or until soup thickens.
- Add ¼ tsp of garam masala. Add 250 ml water and repeat step 9.
- Turn off the flame. Cool the soup and blend it into smooth soup in a blender. If required, add 250 to 300 ml of water while blending.
- Bring the soup to heat. If the soup seems thick, add 200 ml of water. Taste and add ¼ tsp of garam masala if required. Bring it to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame. Pour soup in individual soup bowls. Add mushroom pieces and crushed walnuts. Mix and serve hot.
- It is necessary to add water gradually to make the soup rich in flavor. Adding all the water at once will make the soup thinner and bland.
- A total of 1500 ml of water was used for this soup. Your water quantity can range from 1300 ml to 1600 ml. So, add water gradually and adjust the amount of water as needed.
- Over time, the soup becomes thick and strong flavored. If you are storing the soup for later, add 200 ml of water, adjust seasoning, and bring it to a boil before serving.
Instant Turmeric Pickle Cooking Recipe
Makes: 150 g
Preparation time: 15 mins
- Fresh turmeric: 150 g
- Chopped Lemon: 2
- Kala namak mix: 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder: ½ tsp
- Lemon juice/ Amla juice: 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida: ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds powder: ½ tbsp
- Mustard oil: 2 tbsp
- Wash turmeric thoroughly. Remove the skin. Finely chop them.
- Add asafoetida, kala namak mix, cumin seeds powder, black pepper powder, mustard oil, and chopped lemon. Mix well.
- Add lemon juice or amla juice. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture in a clean and dryjar. Cover the jar with a muslin cloth and keep it in sunlight for two days.
- After two days, the turmeric pickle is ready to eat.
- You can store turmeric pickles in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.