Recipes to Prevent and Control Arthritis – Walnut Chia Seeds Pudding & Flax Seeds Laddoo
Walnut Choco Chia Seeds Pudding Cooking Recipe
Preparation time: 40 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Chia seeds: 10 tbsp
- Overnight soaked walnuts: 10
- Honey: 2 tbsp or to taste
- Cinnamon: 2 inches
- Cashew nuts: 100 g
- Dry roasted walnuts: 2 tbsp
- Milk: 1 L
- Cocoa powder: 3 tbsp
- Licorice root: 2 inches
- Nutmeg: ½ small
- Water: 50 ml
- Chocolate shaving: 4 tbsp
- Soak cashew nuts in 50 ml of hot water for 15 minutes. Blend cashews with stock to make a smooth cream. Refrigerate for 2 hours to set the cream.
- Add cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and licorice root to the milk. Bring it to a boil. Simmer for 5-7 minutes on low flame.
- Turn off the flame. Cover and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick, nutmeg, and licorice root. Add overnight soaked walnuts and blend until smooth.
- Take out the flavored milk in a bowl. Add chia seeds, honey and mix vigorously. Leave for 20 minutes to allow chia seeds to swell up.
- Mix again and break any lumps. Pour the pudding into individual jars. Chill in the refrigerator overnight or at least for 5-6 hours.
- Add cashew cream, chocolate shavings, roasted walnuts on top and serve.
Flax Seeds Laddoo Cooking Recipe
Makes: 25 units
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Flax seeds: 500 g
- Chopped almonds: 100 g
- Jaggery: 250 g
- Cow’s ghee: 2tbsp
- Chopped walnuts: 100 g
- Tragacanth gum/gond: 100 g (optional)
- Dry roast the flax seeds on low flame till their color changes slightly.
- Let the roasted flax seeds cool down and grind them in a grinder.
- Grate the jaggery and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Cook gond in the ghee till it swells.
- Take out the gond from the ghee. Let it cool and break it with a pestle or your hand.
- Add nuts to the remaining ghee. Roast till they turn slightly brown.
- Take out the nuts and add grated jaggery in the same ghee.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes till jaggery melts. Turn off the flame immediately. Don’t cook jaggery after it dissolves, or else laddoos will be hard to chew. Add the flax seeds, nuts and gond. Mix well.
- Make round shape laddoo with hands while the mixture is still hot.
- If laddoos are not binding well, then heat the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Enjoy Flax Seeds Laddoos. Store the remaining laddoos in the refrigerator and consume them within two weeks.