Whole Baked Fish All’isolana Cooking Recipe – Pesce All’isolana Recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 fish weighing 3 lb. (1.2 kg) approximately (bass, sea bream, rascasse, turbot, etc.)
- 2 cloves garlic
- A few sprigs of parsley
- 4 potatoes
- 4 purple artichokes
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons black olives
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 lemon
- Salt, pepper
- Peel the garlic cloves and crush.
- Wash the parsley and remove the stalks. Peel and wash the potatoes, then slice very thinly.
- Wash the artichokes, remove the tough, outer leaves, cut off the tips, and slice finely.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut into slices.
- Season the sliced vegetables with the garlic, oregano, olives, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Rinse the fish and make two incisions diagonally on each side.
- Place the tablespoon of butter and the parsley in the belly cavity.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet with the olive oil and place the fish in the middle.
- Distribute the diced vegetables around it.
- Place in the oven.
- After 10 minutes cooking time, sprinkle with the white wine.
- Cook for an additional 40 minutes (or until the eyes of the fish are completely white), basting from time to time with the lemon juice.
- Serve the fish with the vegetables.
Suggested food/wine match
- FertunaDroppello—Adremma Toscana IGT
You can replace the artichokes with capers, eggplant or porcini.