Tortellini with a Creamy Parmigiano Reggiano Sauce Cooking Recipe
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Resting time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 4 cups (1 liter) capon stock
- 5 cups (1 lb./500 g) bread flour
- 5 eggs
- 7 oz. (200 g) pork
- 7 oz. (200 g) veal
- 1 ½ oz. (50 g) sausage meat
- 1 ½ oz. (50 g) Modena ham aged 24 months
- 1 ½ oz. (50 g) beef marrow
- 1 ½ cups (10 oz./300 g) grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (50 ml) mineral water
- 1 cup (7 oz./200 g) grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Prepare the dough.
- Sift the flour onto the kitchen counter and make a hole in the middle; add the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Knead the dough vigorously for 15 minutes until you have a smooth ball.
- Cover it with a dish towel and leave it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll it out as evenly and as thinly as you possibly can.
Make the stuffing.
- Chop the pork and veal and brown in a saucepan with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Brown the sausage meat separately and add to the pork and veal; finish cooking.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool. Add the diced ham.
- Mix well and add the beef marrow.
- Put the mixture through the meat grinder twice and add the Parmesan.
- Mix well again and set aside.
Assemble the Tortellini.
- Cut the rolled-out pasta into 1 ½ in. (3.5 cm) squares and place a small spoonful of stuffing in the middle of each one.
- Dip your finger in a bowl of water and run it along two edges of the square.
- Fold the dough over to form a triangle and press the edges down gently to close the tortellini.
- Draw the two bottom corners of the triangle together to form a handkerchief shape. Press tightly to seal.
- Cook the tortellini in the stock.
Make the creamy sauce.
- In a Thermomix, heat the water to 175°F (80°C) and add the Parmesan little by little.
- Increase the speed and the temperature to boiling point, then lower the temperature to 140°F (60°C), continuing to mix.
- Alternatively, heat the water to 175°F (80°C) in a saucepan, then pour it over the Parmesan little by little, constantly whisking energetically.
- Pour this creamy sauce into the bottom of a deep plate and place the cooked tortellini on top.